This lovely dessert comes together so easily with Cole's Apple Filling!
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
Icing sugar, optional
WHAT YOU DO:
- Open puff pastry, completely
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each side into strips about 1-inch wide down each side, leaving the centre third of the dough uncut.
- Pour apple filling down the, uncut, centre
- Fold the strips of dough into the centre, crisscrossing the filling by alternating strips from each side. Press ends firmly to seal – adjust strips as needed by hand
- Bake the braid for 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Powder with icing sugar, or make a glaze (3 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon spice blend, 1 tsp lemon juice