The winter months make these vegetables available in abundance. With a quick scrub, some spice, and heat - these veggies make for a hearty and healthy meal!
Carrots, handful for each person, scrubbed and trimmed
Brussels sprouts, 1 lb halved
Turnips, 1 - 2 per person
1. Chop turnips into bite size pieces. Drizzle with oil and season with SUNDAY RUB spice blend
2. Chop Brussel Sprouts into halves.
3. Heat oil in a cast iron, place sprout, cut side down and season with VEGGIE CURE and cook on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes
4. Drizzle 1 TBSP of maple syrup. Toss sprouts and finish in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes (tender)
5. Meanwhile, in a cast iron, fill with water and bring to a boil
6. Place prepared carrots into boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain
7. Place oil in cast iron, return the carrots and season with SAGE MEDLEY
8. Toss to coat before finishing in the 400 degree oven, for 10 to 15 minutes
9. Place finished vegetables on plate, and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds