Okay, this tortilla wrap challenge was all the buzz. As much as it was a social media trend, it quickly turned into a household favourite!
You are able to customize your ingredients, it comes together really quickly, and it is loaded with nutritious ingredients that are delicious.
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
1 tsp garlic marinade
1 Bell pepper, sliced
1 tbsp Fajita spice blend
4 Tortilla wraps
2 Avocado, cut in half and pit removed
2 cups Beans, black/navy, rinsed
Salsa, sour cream, hot sauce
- In a frying pan, heat oil before adding mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes before adding onion.
- After 5 minutes, add the marinade and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for a few minutes before adding the fajita spice blend
- Cook until peppers are softened, about 5 to 7 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare tortillas by cutting a slit from the edge into the centre, with a straight line
- To assemble, place 1/2 an avocado in one quarter. Spread and seasoned with citrus salt
- In the next quarter, place your vegetable mix
- In the 3rd quarter place your beans, lightly smash and season with spicy peppercorns
- In the final quarter place the grated cheese.
- Fold tortilla in on itself, one quarter at a time. Starting with the avocado.
- In a heated pan, lightly oil before adding the wrap. Place some weight on top of the wrap (I used another pan).
- After a few minutes, flip and crisp the other side
- Serve with fresh salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce!