This tomato sauce is a great companion as a dip or sauce. Feel free to make this ahead, it is also great the next day!
4 cups of fresh tomatoes diced, or 1 can of diced tomatoes if off season
1 tbsp Cole's Italian Herb Blend
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat saucepan and then add oil
2. Add chopped shallots, cook for 3 minutes
3. Add minced garlic, cook another 3 minutes
4. Add tomatoes, salt, herbs, vinegar, and sugar. Stir to combine.
5. Allow tomatoes to simmer, keep at a relatively high heat and stir frequently
6. Cook for at least 30 minutes before lowering heat and allow to simmer down even more, for up to 4 hours
7. Blitz sauce down to desired consistency, and enjoy!