These burgers are perfect for the summer, Sunday game, or just cause you feel like a burger - and you don't have to feel bad about this one since it is packed with nutrients!!!
I like to add smokey peppers in adobo sauce to give a nice smoked heat - but feel free to leave them out if you are looking for a more tame version!
These are also awesome made into mini brgs - 8 stacked minis or 16 mini minis (stacked are pictured)
2 Garlic, divided
1 Green onion
1 Bell Pepper
1 cup of oats (pulsed in food processor 2 to 4 times - if you don't have a processor you can use oats and oat flour- or regular flour)
1/4 cup walnuts
2 cups black beans
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 peppers, in adobo sauce, chopped (eliminate if you don't want a smoked heat)
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp Cole's Burger Blend
1. Heat Skillet, add oil once hot
2. Add shallots, cook 3 minutes
3. Add 1 garlic clove, minced
4. Add bell pepper, cook another 3 to 5 minutes
5. In a food processor, add 1 garlic, green onion, and walnuts grind into a fine mixture
6. Add the remaining ingredients and hot vegetables, pulse 2 to 4 times (depending on consistency you like)
7. Form into 4 large patties, 8 stacked mini brgs, or 16 regular minis
8. Place in the freezer/fridge for 30 minutes
9. Prepare sides and condiments
10. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through!
If adding cheese, add in the final minutes and then switch to broil for a couple seconds!!!
Served with a side of cajun sweet potato wedges