These dish is a great way to make use of leftover risotto (if that ever happens) - I actually just make a little extra for this very reason!
These come together really quickly and can be made up casually for game-day appetizers or dressed up for a romantic app over candlelight.....not to mention how much KIDS LOVE THIS DISH!
2 cup leftover risotto
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, with Italian seasoning, divided
mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1 serving of Marinara sauce
1. Beat eggs and combine with leftover risotto, cheese, and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2. Roll mixture into 2 tbsp balls, push a hole into the centre and place cube of mozzarella cheese before closing
3. Once rice is completely around the cheese, dredge in the breadcrumbs
4. Place coated ball into heated skillet with 1 - 2 inches of hot oil (350 degrees)
5. Do not overcrowd, fry until golden brown and cheese has melted
6. Enjoy with freshly made tomato marinara